Welcome Speech..!!!

Hi,

This is my first post to this blog. At the very onset, I extend my regards to all the seniors, fellow batch mates, juniors and readers. :)

Well did I make it sound like the typical welcome speech given before any event in our school. :)

I think the welcome speech was the only thing that was constant (read never-changed) during my (our) stay at SSG. There was a single script which has been repeated by almost everyone standing at the podium welcoming the audience for any occasion, be it debate, recitation, elocution.. etc etc. The only changes were in the names of Principal, Headmaster, Registrar and sometimes the senior master too..!!

I still remember the phrase from that never-changed speech…

“….I would be failing in my duty if I don’t welcome the students without whom it would be like staging the Hamlet without the Prince of Denmark…”


Well apart from welcome speech there were two other things which never changed in any of the competitions.

Yes, one is the person in the role of the time keeper..!!! Some of us might have guessed it by now.. Its none other than NA..! :)

And the other person…

All of us remember the catch phrase we used to scream in harmony :) when there was a power cut…

“OOOOOIIIIIII SARKARRRRRRRR…”

We actually waited for the power cut for this. :)

Yes, I am taking about Sarkar Da, I think almost all the batches have seen him there for all the competitions and events, morning assemblies during their stay at school…!


I would wind up for now, and it feels like school again..!!!

Deep

3 comments:

BensoN said...

good one!!!!!!!! !! it sure does remind me of our school days....

Shisir said...

I consider it my proud privilege...
...for whom the function was primarily meant. Good night (So strict was the script that even the 'goodnight' managed to stand ground even if it was delieverd early in the morning!).

It was great reading your inaugural post. Looking forward for more!

nicholusbhattacharjee said...

once mr. jena made me to do 100 rehersal for this $%#$$% wellcome speech...

Post a Comment

 
©2009 Sainik School Goalpara | by TNB