The Mid Night Cat:Ghosts in Sainik School Goalpara


The ‘Ghost Week’ seems quite an interesting prospect to me and would like to thank Shisir for giving us the platform to share our school memories. Whenever I recall the ghostly incidents in Sainik School Goalpara, a chilling coldness runs down my spine.
I was allotted Udaygiri House and I did the shifting in my IXth standard. A sense of haunted-ness hung in the air, from day one. Seniors took our introductory rounds, while telling us stories about the ghosts that appeared in the House often. I never believed them until that fateful night in December.

I was in my XIIth standard and was preparing for my Board Exams. I used to stay up till late in the night studying. I was in room number 1 and on the other end of the house stood the rows of bathrooms and lavatories. None of the bathing rooms had doors except the one in the extreme corner. It was said that a student had committed suicide in that bathroom, unable to handle the pressure of the sainik school life. It was also said that blood came out from the tape in that bathroom for sometime (I am sure that was just a rumour). Nonetheless, the fact remains that, no one used that bathroom except to wash clothes during the day.

Habitually I always went to the urinal, before going off to sleep during the 1.30-2.00 am time period. During one such nights, I saw a black furred cat staring at me with its eyes glowing in the dark. It would lead me to the bathrooms everyday. This went on for sometime, until on that fateful night, when curiosity got the better of me. I came out of my room and found the cat glowing towards me as usual. I followed it and kept following until it went inside that locked bathroom. Brushing aside the faint fear, I opened the door slowly into that bathroom. The bathroom was dry and empty. The high walls didn’t have any openings for the cat to escape. The cat never appeared again and curiously no one ever spotted the cat in the House again.

There are many such incidents that hang between the real and the unexplainable; will certainly share them some other day.

3 comments:

Shisir said...

Pranab, thanks for the story. However, I also know a story where, something weird happened to a student in your house. Dont know the exact details. All that I know is that he was said to be possessed. I don't know if I believe in such terms or not. But they are worth being given a thought. Do tell us more. And you can use pseudo names to protect identities. Looking forward.

RAJIB HAZAM 3265 said...

I remember Prana b about the story, Do you remember we used to discuss about many such stories as we studied together and we used to move to each other houses late during the night in search of cigarettes(how scared we were).When we were in Bhaskar house there was a face of a demon drawn we don't know when, in the wall of the table tennis room near the bathrooms, which was really very scary during the nights,we never used to go to the toilet alone especially after dinner, also every time it was covered by white washing it would reappear again making it even more scarier. Prana b good one ......waiting for more......

Pranab 3347 said...

Yes Rajeiv, those were the most thrilling & exciting days in Bhaskar House. Really we enjoyed a lot in Room No. 5 under the captaincy of PPP.

Post a Comment

 
©2009 Sainik School Goalpara | by TNB